Two-Factor Authentication for the MARBLES Database
Please read through this page for information on how to use the new Two-Factor security enhancement for the MARBLES Database.
- You must have the Duo Mobile app on your phone. If you do not already have it, you can download it from your phone's App Store. Search for "Duo Mobile"
Once Two-Factor is enabled for your account, you will be required to register your account via the Duo Mobile app.
- You will log in as normal, with your username and password.
- When presented with the QR code, open your Duo Mobile app, and click the "+" sign to add a new account. Scan the QR code, and accept the registration. Your registration will be stored in Duo Mobile as "username"@MARBLES_Database
After you register your account, you will be prompted to enter a Duo Mobile code to access the system.
- Open your Duo Mobile App and click on the MARBLES_Database entry to reveal the code. Enter this code into the field provided.
- You will be offered the chance to save your code for up to 5 days by checking the checkbox. This will only work if you use the same computer on the same network. If you change computers or networks, you will be asked for a Duo code when logging in.
If you have problems
- If you need to remove your registration so you can register a different device, please send an email to email@example.com with your request.
- If, for some reason, you are not able to log in with Duo Mobile at all, you can request a temporary lift of your Two-Factor requirement by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you on the issue, and will need to re-enable Two-Factor for your account as soon as possible after resolving the problem.